Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Foodie Penpals Reveal Day


It's that time of the month again, it's reveal day :)
This month I sent my package to Abbey in Ohio, sadly she doesn't have a blog for me to link too :( She has a walnut allergy, so I had to check labels extra carefully this month before I sent anything to her.

The person who sent me my wonderful box this month was Ashley, and she sent it me all the way from Bloomington, Indiana.

She wrote me a beautiful note on a gorgeous card, the card was designed by an artist from the UK, and it turns out the artist lives in the same place my mum grew up - Falmouth, Cornwall, which is one of my favorite places to visit in the UK.

I know you all want to see what I got in my box - so here goes.....

 




















I loved the heart paper she wrapped everything in - especially as it is February and the month of love. The card had a Coco Chanel quote on the front 'A girl should be two things Classy and Fabulous'.
Ashely loves buying local foods, so her box focused on this. The mustard I have yet to try, but it looks good. The bread was actually baked on the street Ashely lives on - and it was amazing, it didn't last long at all!! The spaghettini isn't something I have seen before, Ashley said she loves to find new ways to introduce more vegetables into her diet, this is such a cool idea - spaghettini made with carrots, green beans and spinach. I haven't got round to trying it yet, I must plan to use it soon. I love all of those vegetables so imagine it will taste great. Apparently Ashley's friends are always saying how much she loves salsa and chips - who doesn't?! The day after the box arrived I went out and bought some chips, and they probably lasted two days - the salsa was so good, it tasted so fresh. The pasta sauce was also amazing, I had it with some regular pasta and also as a sauce on some homemade pizza, the tomatoes had such a great taste.

Thanks again Ashley for such an awesome box, I hope you loved the box you received as much as I loved mine. I have signed up for March, and am super excited to see who my next match is. How many of you are also signed up? What do you enjoy the most - shopping for your match or receiving your box? I love the challenge of shopping for someone else, but also love the element of surprise when I receive a box too.

And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of
goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about
the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items
or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also
include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining
what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your
items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget
about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is
open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you
get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to
post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired
together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please
note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've
determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to
send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice
versa. 

If you’re interested in participating for March, please
CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment