Sunday, March 24, 2013

JellyBean 5k

Today I took part in the 3rd Annual Jelly Bean race - although it was only my first time taking part.

I opted to do the 5k, I did plan to go out first thing this morning and walk/jog 5k, but I wanted to go around Lake Temescal and today was the Oakland marathon and they used that route so it was a no go. So in the end I decided to take the dogs with me this afternoon, which is great as I get the 5k done and the dogs get walked, but it was super busy and I ended up stopping around 6 times for people to pet the dogs and tell me how cute they are. So it wasn't a very quick 5k.

Lake Temescal is beautiful and it was really nice out today and there were lots of people on the beach and swimming in the lake - I personally am not too keen on the whole swimming in the lake, but people seemed to be having fun. Also there were lots of picnics and BBQ's going on and the smell of burgers made me sooooo hungry!!

 




















So a rather slow 1:24.31 5k, but I enjoyed it and I completed my 3rd 5k of the year :) Another medal on my rack - I am now doubling up on the hooks, so need to start thinking about a new rack soon.

Thanks to Jess for hosting the Virtual race.

Next race is in 4 weeks and is the big hill....

No comments:

Post a Comment