Monday, April 1, 2013

March Foodie Penpals Reveal Day

Woohoo - its reveal day. I love sharing all the goodies I have received each month with you, and am super excited that Kerry A in England signed up and participated this month :)




The Lean Green Bean

This month I was matched with Susan in Kansas who blogs at http://solesearchingmamma.com and got to send her a box of goodies. She is gluten free so I spent some extra time looking at ingredients to make sure I sent her something suitable. She replied saying her and her family loved everything.

My other match was Anna from Missouri and she blogs at http://simplelifearmywife.blogspot.com/ 
At the time of the match I was attempting low carb, so that was the request I gave Anna and she did a great job. She said it was interesting to look at the carb content and was surprised at how high in carbs some items were.

  My box was beautifully package and contained a lovely handwritten note from Anna explaining all of the contents.

The first thing I took out was the Turkey Perky Jerky, this lasted all of 2 minutes, it was so good. My husband loves jerky and I planned to let him try some but ended up eating all myself.
  I have seen this in the shop a lot and always wanted to try them, but wasn't sure if I would use it. I planned to keep it in my purse, but was worried it would leak, so I kept it in my car and it has proved handy as I am always drinking bottles of water in my car. It took a bit of time to get the number of drops right, too many and it tastes too strong and not nice, but when you get it right it tastes really nice. I looked in the grocery store to see how many flavors there are and was shocked at how many different brands and flavors there are available.
 I love almonds, and this is the first time I have seen coffee flavored ones. I haven't got round to trying them yet as I already have a big bag open, and I like to finish off one bag before opening another, but I am excited to try them.
 I drink lots of almond milk, but have never tried this brand, it was handy having it in the cupboard as I ran out of milk the other day and didn't want to drive to the store and remembered I had this. It tastes just as great as my usual brand, and I will definitely keep a few cartons in my cupboard in the future.


My final item was some homemade spicy honey mustard. Anna warned me that is was super spicy! I am not a fan of mustard but my husband is and he tried some on his steak, and he agreed it was super spicy, but he really enjoyed it.













Thanks Anna for an awesome box and for taking the time to make sure everything was suitable for me. I hope you enjoyed the box you received from your match as much as I enjoyed mine.

And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 
If you’re from the US or Canada and are interested in participating for April, please CLICK HERE (www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/) to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. 
You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!

*If you're from Europe, please CLICK HERE (www.thisisrocksalt.com/foodie-penpals/) to signup.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great box! I'm excited to try this in June for the first time!

    ReplyDelete