Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Foodie Penpals Reveal Day




The Lean Green Bean

Its reveal day again. I took a break in November and December as I was busy with other things and on vacation, so was excited to resume this month.

The box I sent this month went to Kerensa in Oklahoma, she had no special requirements food wise and I loved what she told me 'I'll eat anything unless it eats me first'!! That made me laugh when I read that. All of the items I sent her with things she had never tried, and her and her family having enjoyed sampling new foods.

My other match was Ashley in Vermont (which I have since learned is not in Canada as I thought!!). She sent me an awesome box of local goodies. She is a lifetime Weight Watchers member and looks awesome, I told her I was following Weight Watchers and she was kind enough to work out the points value for everything for me.




 Doesn't she have lovely handwriting :)  This biscuit was lemon shortbread and it was amazing, it had broken into 4 pieces, so I thought I would try one piece, but it was so good I ended up eating all 4 pieces in one go, I'm just glad she didn't include more than one, as it was 8 points.


 


















I am a huge fan of pancakes and love maple syrup, so am excited to try both of these items. I have a friend coming to visit and am saving these till she gets here so I can share them with her.


 


















Ashley must have known I was a huge tea fan, this tea looks so pretty and it has a beautiful poem on the side. I haven't tried it yet, mainly because it looks too pretty to open. The final item was a reusable tote bag (which is handy as in my city they now charge you for bags in the store), it was purchased at a local school to help raise money for a local project.

Don't you agree she did an amazing job - I loved everything. If you are reading this Ashley - thank you again for everything.

I plan on taking part in February also, so look out for another blog post at the end of February.

And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of
goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about
the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items
or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also
include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining
what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your
items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget
about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is
open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you
get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to
post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired
together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please
note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've
determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to
send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice
versa. 

If you’re interested in participating for February, please
CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by February 4th as pairings will be emailed on February 5th!

No comments:

Post a Comment